If you like the guide, please consider donating via PayPal.
If you can’t find an answer here, ask for help on our Discord Server.
Error C2-12828 when launching HENkaku
- Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Delete your cookies in the PS Vita Browser
- Make sure that after each step, you keep trying for a bit before moving on
- Turn your Vita off, wait a few minutes, turn it back on again and then try again
- Start the Vita in Safe mode and select “Rebuild Database”
- Turn your Vita off
- Press the “R” button + PS button + Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds while the Vita is off
- Select Rebuild Database
- Reset the Wi-Fi Settings
- If all that fails, try formatting the memory card
Can I downgrade to 3.60?
No. You must buy a new Vita on 3.60 or below or swap out your motherboard for one on 3.60 or below.
Due to the high demand of these motherboards, a lot of sellers are lying about their motherboard’s firmware version. Be careful when buying motherboards.
If I buy a brand new Vita, will I be able to use homebrew on it?
Yes. All new Vitas will come on versions 3.60 or lower with the exception of the Japanese 1000 Red and Silver models, and all Japanese 2000 and PSTV models.
Is the Vita region-free?
Yes. You can play any game you like from any region.