If you like the guide, please consider donating via PayPal.
After installing HENkaku Enso on 3.65, you can lose VitaShell if you format the system. If you haven’t made a backup, you could lose the ability to install homebrew. So what you can do instead, is install it to the system, which will allow you to keep VitaShell even after formatting.
This guide will replace a system app, so that application will not be usable after this. This guide involves rebuilding the database, which will reset your icon layout. This step is necessary and VitaShell will not work on the system without doing this.
When updating the system, the injected application will be lost and the system application will revert back to its previous state.
- Open MolecularShell or VitaShell on your Vita
- Press Select
- Open your FTP client on your computer
- Type in the IP Address and Port shown on your Vita
- Navigate to
ux0:dataon the FTP Client
- Transfer the
HBInjector.vpkfile to your Vita
- Press O on your Vita to close the server
- Navigate to
ux0:dataon your Vita
- Press X on the
HBInjector.vpkfile to install it
- Make sure you have unsafe homebrew enabled
- Close VitaShell and open HBInjector
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- After you’ve finished, backup
ux0:data/HBInjector/to make sure you never lose your system app backups
VitaShell should now be installed inside your selected system application. Just launch it to use VitaShell.